FCRA Registration

From Rs.25000 /- all inclusive fees

FCRA Registration

Foreign contribution regulation act 1976 or FCRA is a law which regulates the receipts of foreign donations from outside India to Indian NGO, Trust or section 8 companies. Before accepting any foreign donations the concerned entity should be registered foreign contribution regulation act 2010 is called an FCRA registration.

This law is implemented by the ministry of home affairs government of India. In this law different-2 sections to make sure compliance with the foreign funding and file an annual return every year. If you want to register FCRA then You can contact Startup Banao, We are one of the best FCRA Registration Company in Gurgaon, India.

Eligibility criteria for Registration under FCRA

The origination who are engaged in cultural, education, social welfare, environment protection, religious or health program of poor people obtains the FCRA registration for accepting the foreign donation or contribution. The non-profit origination should have the existence more than three years before making the registration in FCRA. The origination should spend more than Rs 10,00,000 over the last three years to fulfilling the object of non-profit origination. All the three years receipts and payments duly audited by the chartered accountant.

Types of FCRA Registration.

1.Prior Consent certificate for 1 year

  • NGO should be running minimum one year
  • NGO provide the list of foreign benefactors, address and cause for donation
  • NGO provide the total quantity of fund and purpose

2. Long term certificate for 5 years

  • NGO must to three years old
  • Last three years annual report and books must be audited

Documents Required for FCRA Registration.

  • Copy of registration certificate of Society/Trust/Section 8 company
  • 3 years audited balance sheet
  • 3 years annual report
  • Bank details
  • Bank account with branch detail
  • List of Governing body
  • Name
  • Father name
  • Occupation
  • Designation
  • address
  • Trustee KYC with Photo
  • Office address proof
  • 12A and 80 G Certificate


FCRA, 2010 has been enacted by the Parliament to consolidate the law to regulate the acceptance and utilization of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality by certain individuals or associations or companies and to prohibit acceptance and utilization of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality for any activities detrimental to national interest and for matters connected therewith or incidental
The flow of foreign contribution to India is regulated under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010, Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2011 and other notification / orders etc., issued there under from time to time.

As per Section 1(2) of FCRA, 2010, the provisions of the act shall apply to:

i. Whole of India
ii. Citizens of India outside India; and
iii. Associate Branches or subsidiaries, outside India, of companies or bodies corporate, registered or incorporated in India
There are two modes of obtaining permission to accept foreign contribution according to FCRA, 2010:
i. Registration
ii. Prior Permission

For grant of registration under FCRA, 2010, the association should:

(i) be registered under an existing statute like the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 or section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (Now Section 8 of Companies Act, 2013) etc;
(ii) Normally be in existence for at least three years and has undertaken reasonable activity in itschosen  field for the benefit of the society for which the foreign contribution is proposed to be utilised. For this purpose, the association should have spent at least Rs.10,00,000/- over the last three years on its aims and objects, excluding administrative expenditure. Statements of Income & Expenditure, duly audited by Chartered Accountant, for last three years are to be submitted to substantiate that it meets the financial parameter.
An organization in formative stage is not eligible for registration. Such organization may apply for grant of prior permission under FCRA, 2010.
Prior permission is granted for receipt of a specific amount from a specific donor for carrying out specific activities/projects. For this purpose, the association should meet following criteria:
(i) be registered under an existing statute like the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 or section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 etc;
(ii) submit a specific commitment letter from the donor indicating the amount of foreign contribution and the purpose for which it is proposed to be given; and
(iii)For Indian recipient organizations and foreign donor organizations having common members, FCRA Prior Permission shall be granted to the Indian recipient organizations subject to its satisfying the following:
i) The Chief Functionary of the recipient Indian organization should not be a part of the donor organization.
ii) At least 51% of the office-bearers/ members of the Governing body of the Indian recipient organization should not be members/employees of the foreign donor organization.
iii) In case of foreign donor organization being a single person/individual that person should not be the Chief Functionary of the recipient Indian organization.
iv) In case of a single foreign donor, at least 51% office bearers/members of the governing body of the recipient organization should not be the family members and close relatives of the donor
Yes, a private limited company too may seek prior permission/registration for receiving foreign funds in case they wish to do some charitable work at some point of time.
Yes. The definition of the ‘person’ in the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 includes any individual and ‘Hindu Undivided Family’ among others. As such an Individual or an HUF is also eligible to apply for prior permission to accept foreign contribution.

Yes, It should be a PFMS integrated Bank. List of banks integrated with PFMS is available.