A Limited Liability Partnership may change its name due to a business reason, personal reasons or based on the directions of the Central Government.
Decide a LLP name and verify the LLP name availability. If the name is available, then an application for Reservation of Unique Name (RUN) can be filed with MCA with Certified copy related to the consent of Partners to make an application for a fresh name.
- Verify Existing Agreement: Prior to commencing the process for changing LLP name, you should verify the LLP agreement to be informed and aware – if some process related to alteration of name has been specified. Most standard LLP agreements will not have any restriction on change of LLP name.
- New name Availability: Before commencing the LLP name change process, decide on a name and verify the LLP name availability. If the name is available, then an application for Reservation of Unique Name (RUN) can be made on the MCA portal to reserve the name for a period of 20 days.
- Draft Resolution for Name Change: In the partner meeting a resolution should be present and passed by partners with majority.
- Notice to Name change: Following the name of LLP availing approval, you require to file an e-form “LLP-5” for the reason of providing notice related change in name with Registrar of Companies (ROC) together with the subsequent attachments in a period of 30 days of availing approval: (A) Consent of Partners (B) Notice of Name change
- Supplementary Agreement: After filing the notice of change, if found satisfactory, ROC will present a fresh certificate of incorporation in the new name. The new changed name will be effective from the date as indicated in the certificate.
- Filling the Forms to MCA: As the final step, file the supplementary LLP agreement as aforementioned with the ROC as an attachment made to e-form LLP-
- Initial LLP agreement
- Consent letter of the Partners to apply for new name.
- Trademark application or registration certificate(if any)
- Notice of change of name.
- Signed copy of Resolution for name change (prepared by us)
- Supplementary agreement.(after approval of new name)